Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Loneliness is Me.

How can I not be lonely?
I try so hard to find comfort in
the ones I think are listening
and I run
and I strive
only to be left feeling like the dead of night.

You see,
this loneliness is IN me.
The more I run, the more I fail
because this loneliness has me bound up in jail.

It displays itself in the midst of a wide array of emotion
something like the ocean
with colors of greens and blues
with many depths
that are mainly skewed. 

The only way out is not the way in.
But it's reaching up to take the Savior's hand.
I hear Him whisper: "My child, it won't always be this way.
While the loneliness is here now, it doesn't get the final say.
Because greater am I who is in you than the loneliness you choose to obey."

So, Jesus I lock my eyes on You.
Though I may FEEL this loneliness is in me...
the TRUTH is...

I am in You.





No comments:

Post a Comment