Monday, October 7, 2013

Peculiarities.

Such a peculiar world we live in these days.
How quickly I forget Your grace...
when I watch the giants of the faith
I've looked up to since I was a little girl
start to spiral down a staircase of declining health.
My knee-jerk reaction is to fear...
to run and hide my eyes,
simply because I forget that You are here.

Such a quirky place this world can be,
when in a day,
the joy in my heart turns to melancholy.
When yet again, I face my sin...
and feel the need to hide.
Simply because I forget that You, my God, are on my side.

In the midst of the peculiar and the quirks
the fear and the pain
the sadness in my heart
that feels like pouring rain,

strong and steady You stand.
Never letting go of my hand.
Loving me fully.
Belting over me in song.
Once again, You will rise, and melt away the fog.

But, right here and now, I will stay
fully present in the mist...
trusting that even though I don't feel You...
Your embrace is stronger yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment