Monday, September 19, 2011

Light.

I sat there. High above the water. The altitude didn't bother me, He is was so there. I blinked and stared trying to shake the last remaining bits of darkness. The cool, crisp air hit my cheeks, I looked up and smiled. Now I was at the top. After a few years of struggling and valley walking, He had faithfully continued to carry me to the top of this mountain. Even when I fought Him along the way, He still held fast and tight, whispering messages of love into my ear. And so, because of Him, here I am. Looking around, on the horizon I saw the light. Oh, the Light! It's been years since this heart of mine has walked fully in the Light of Salvation Himself. I blinked, and blinked, and blinked...trying to prepare for what I knew would be a shock to the eyes of my heart because they had been in darkness so long. Nothing could prepare me for what was coming. The Light. After a few minutes, the beauty of Him exploded across the horizon of my heart. The oranges and yellows filled the sky, reflecting on the water below. I stood to my feet, barely able to contain myself. I looked at the view the Light was revealing to me. This wasn't the first time I had seen it, but it's been such a long time, it's almost as if it's the first time. On the top of this mountain, I look as He holds me, the ocean is below. I can only see the surface. He reminds me of the depths of His love, and His unfathomable faithfulness. I smiled. At Him. With Him. Oh gosh, He is so beautiful.


Selah.


Through all of this, He reminded me that soon, none of these struggles will matter. The Light that my heart saw exploding across it's horizon is only a tiny tidbit of what is to come. We will be with Him forever and ever and ever and ever. We've not even scratched the surface. There is no one like our God.


"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

Child of God, keep pressing on. He WILL be faithful to bring you up this mountain.

The Light is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment